Tuesday 28 February 2017

Review: A Barnstorming Saga! The Rowan Tree by Robert W Fuller

The Rowan Tree, by Robert W Fuller


Powerful, thought-provoking, political, with a splash of romance, and the constancy of love and devotion to a cause: just the sort of book I love reading. This is, in my opinion, up there with the best. It was so absorbing that it has taken over my every spare moment this last week. As a Brit I had only a rudimentary knowledge of American politics, and found the detail fascinating and the whole very well-written. I know the author has written non-fiction before, but if this is his first fiction title I cannot wait to read his next one. I enjoyed being able to follow the whole narrative through a sixty-plus year timespan, seeing how each generation took the story forward. I could see this making a very good movie or TV mini-series. If I could give this more than 5 stars I would do!

No comments:

Post a Comment